Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome!

So this is Exactly What it Says on the Tin.  I realize though that it needs a bit more than that.  this is a blog dedicated to the books I read and loved most growing up. 

I started reading when I was 4 and a half.  I knew the alphabet, and knew words pretty well, and I was pretty much self-taught.  Needless to say, when we started reading in school, I was not at all interested in the tame adventures of Dick, Jane, and Spot!

Sure, I read  kids books--tons of them--but at a higher comprehension level than normal.  I also devoured books about science and nature, especially anything to do with human anatomy, dinosaurs, and  history.  I was a huge fan of the How and Why books, and my grandmother had sent me an almost entire set of the Time Life Nature and Science Library books.

Some of the stuff I read as a kid will be familiar to those of you who grew up in the Seventies and early Eighties: The Boxcar Children, Little House on the Prairie, the How and Why books.  Some titles you may not recall.  And some will make you go "Holy crap, she read THAT when she was a kid?"

I plan to re-read the books that stood out to me as a kid, and comment on them here in the blog, and do a mini-review.  Also, I invite you to post suggestions of books you read as a kid, and I'll give them a good go, provided I can find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment